Better Balanced Game version 5.0 changes and updates to Civilizaiton VI Gathering Storm
– Nerf spain mission (-1 faith, -1 food)
– Nerf spain mission, “foreign continent” will be changed by “if more than 8 tiles from the capital”
– Nerf spain district bonus production +25%, “foreign continent” will be changed by “if more than 8 tiles from the capital”
– Nerf mapuche (malon riders pillage cost 3PM but got free promotion instead)
– Nerf mali chop value by 30%
– Railroads on scientific theory instead of steam power
– Balance natural wonders: Matterhorn doesn’t give +2 (keep only free movement on hills)
– Balance natural wonders: (giant causeway gives only +3 in attack)
– Dido revert PM on settlers in water (now 4 instead of 3)
– Missile Cruiser +1 range (now 4 instead of 3)
– Statue of liberty diplomatic point reduce from 4 to 3
– Teddy Rough Riders unique unit strength will be reduced by 3 to be on par with standard cuirassier
Bug Fixes Major
– Fixed a Firaxis Bug (with Unit Gains Free Promotion Modifier) where an Upgradable UU that starts with a free promotion would lose all the exp it had on prebuilds prior to upgrading, down to 15. Bug was affecting Nau, Janissaries and as of BBG5.0.0 Malon Raider, if the player had prebuilds with 15 exp or more (lvl2 and higher), and was not affecting lvl1 units.
Bug Fixes Minor
– Fixed a Firaxis Bug with Golden Gate Bridge. Bridge was not passable if the exit side had a cliff. Some bug has been fixed by dev team also:
GDR/Planes combat bonus are now consistent on mapuches/scythia/aztec/byzantium
Housing now correctly works on ziggurats & chateaux
Rocket Artillery are now correctly affected by red card for production of siege units
Fix Ayutthaya to 20% (was 30% displayed as 10%)
Great People Rework
Boudica –> from “Convert adjacent barbarian units” to “create a military engineer”
Æthelflæd –> from “Grants +2 Loyalty per turn for this city. ” to “Instantly creates a trebuchet with a promotion”
Ana Nzinga –> from “Gain a free Envoy. ” to “Gain 2 free Envoys”
Jeanne d’Arc –> from “Creates a Relic” to “Creates 1 relic. Has 2 charges”
Dandara –> from “Grants a Warrior Monk with one promotion level.” to “Instantly creates the most advanced support unit you can create”
José de San Martín –> from +4 loyalty to “Instantly creates a Tank unit with one promotion level. +2 oil per turn”
Rani Lakshmibai –> from “Instantly creates a Cavalry unit with one promotion level. ” to “Instantly creates a Helicopter unit with one promotion level. ”
Tupac Amaru –> from “Grants a Musketman in each of the target city’s indefensible and undefended districts. ” to “Grants an Infantry in each of the target city’s indefensible and undefended districts. ”
Douglas MacArthur ==> from “Instantly creates a Tank unit with one promotion level. ” to “Instantly creates a Tank unit with one promotion level. +2 Uranium per turn”
Dwight Eisenhower ==> from “+5% Production towards military units. ” to “+15% Production towards military units. ”
Sudirman ==> from “+6 loyalty” to “Instantly creates a Fighter unit with one promotion level in a city center. +2 Aluminum per turn”
Mimar Sinan ==> from “Culture Bomb adjacent tiles when completing an Industrial Zone in any city” to “+1 Housing for this city, +1 Amenity for this city. 2 charges”
Alvar Aalto ==> from “This city provides +1 Appeal to any tile it owns. ” to “This city provides +1 Appeal to any tile it owns and +2 gold per breathtaking tile in this city. ”
Jamsetji Tata ==> from “Campus districts provide +10 Tourism. ” to “Campus districts provide +50 Tourism. ”
Masaru Ibuka ==> from “Industrial Zone districts provide +10 Tourism. ” to “Industrial Zone districts provide +50 Tourism. ”
Raja Todar Mal ==> from “Gain an Envoy. Domestic Trade Routes gain +0.5 Gold per district at the destination. ” to “Gain an Envoy. Domestic Trade Routes gain +1 Gold per district at the destination. ”
John Spilsbury ==> from “Creates one copy of Toys , which provides +4 Amenities. ” to “Creates two copies of Toys, which provide +4 Amenities.”
Stamford Raffles ==> from “Absorbs this City-state into your empire. Grants you +10 Loyalty per turn in the city” to “Absorbs this City-state into your empire. Grants you +10 Loyalty per turn in the city. Can be an enemy City-state”
Sarah Breedlove ==> from “+25% Tourism rate towards other civilizations you have a Trade Route to.” to “+25% Tourism rate towards other civilizations you have a Trade Route to. Increases trade route capacity by 1”
Dmitri Mendeleev ==> from “Triggers the Eureka for Chemistry and one random technology from the Industrial era. ” to “Triggers the Eureka for Chemistry and one random technology from the Industrial era. Grants +50% production toward research labs”
Margaret Mead => from “Gain 1000 Science and Culture (on Standard speed). ” to “Gain 2000 Science and Culture (on Standard speed). ”
Alfred Nobel => In addition of previous bonuses, now grants +1 diplomatic point Alan Turing => add the line “if you already have the computers eureka, grants you the technology for free”
Warrior Monk Rework
1) Monk acts as a MELEE UNIT, except for bonus vs anticav ==> Commentary: This allows Monk to benefit from all civilizations’/leaders’ unique combat/movement bonuses, governments, cards, wonders and natural wonders combat/movement modifiers. It used to be inconsistent in the past: e.g. Oligarchy worked, Fascism didn’t. Wars of Religion worked, Twilight Valor didn’t. Giant Causeway worked, Matterhorn didn’t. Giving Monk the ability to kill anticav easier didn’t make sense thematically and deviated too much from the original Firaxis design.
2) Monk now can receive bonus experience from Barracks, Armories, Military Academies and Great General Retire Ability as well as Kabul bonus.
3) Reverted Wall Breaker Ability (BBG ability: Monk Ignored Walls all Game). Instead Monk works correctly with Ram/Siege Tower and Akkad.
4) Monk Receives +5 CS +1MS from Great General of any era and not just Comandante General. ==> Commentary: Fix Firaxis inconsistency when it comes to this unit
1) Monk can be purchased on SHRINES down from TEMPLES ==> Commentary: The Monk timing was too slow, and was easily defendable with swords and archers.
2) Monks base CS Reduced from 40 down to 31.
2.1) Monk receives Unique Ability: Battle Meditation. Gains +1CS per Civic researched up to and including Industrial Era Civics (up to +34). Cost also scales with progression through max(Civic, Tech) trees ==> Commentary: Allows Monk to stay relevant for a longer duration of the game, just like other Follower Beliefs. Numbers were adjusted so, that Monk is consistently slightly more expensive (in production equivalent) than non-unique units of the same CS, since they get stronger as they move to position to attack. Monk CS timing is a bit slower than standard unit of the same CS timing (If the player goes Pen Brush) and Significantly Slower (If player goes Monumentality)
1) Exploding Palm (T2 promo) +5 CS in all situations down From +10 CS in all situations
2) Cobra Strike (T4 promo) +7 CS in all situations down From +15 CS in all situations ==> Commentary: as Monks have scaling CS and Benefit from all the other combat bonuses, +10 and +15 in all situations was too strong, had to be toned down to be more consistent with other BBG combat modifiers
1) Benefits from the General of Any Era
2) Can use Ram/ Siege Tower Akkad
3) Is affected by Battlecry Promotion (T1 Melee)
4) Battlecry affects Monks, Nihangs, Recon ==> Commentary: Original Firaxis description read: +7 vs Mele and Ranged, while in actuality it was +7 vs Mele Range and Anticav. Nihangs count as a mele, but aren’t affected. Monks are their own class, but well executed monk push should have a counterplay. Recon was added to the mix, as it provides no significant gameplay change (outside cree scout rush). Now warriors have the tools to defend it better, as well as breaking 1 tile chokes controlled by scouts with the same era units. Firaxis designed melee units to be slow, but if they come close, they are a force to be reconned for everyone who is not mounted.