To request a remap with a screenshot, type `.remap <link to image>` in the #remaps Discord channel. A bot will delete your message and repost the image to provide some anonymity. The vote will be up for 2 minutes and whatever has the most votes will win. For ties, use the below, in-game rules. Those in-game rules can still be used if desired, but this new system will supersede in-game votes. Note that only the original requester may post a screenshot of their own spawn to the #remaps channel, and you may only choose the old way of voting or the new way, not both.
- A player can request only one ‘remap’ on or before turn 10. It requires at least a 66% majority vote to pass. This applies to remap votes with no screenshot.
- Only a max of 2 players may propose remaps votes, so as to avoid lots of separate votes.
- A remap may be granted on or before turn 10 with a simple majority vote.
- Each team gets only 1 remap request.
- In a game with random civilizations, players must random again if a remap is agreed upon. Only by a simple majority vote may players keep the same civilizations.
- Players are required to stay for the first 2 remaps. If a 3rd vote passes, they are allowed to leave the game.
- Due to the timer beginning at the time of the civ draft, remaps do not reset the timer for a timed game.
- If not using the Better Balanced Starts mod, a remap request must be granted if 2 players’ initial settlers are spawned (not settled) less than 9 tiles from each other or less than 6 tiles from a CS or less than 5 tiles from the edge of the map. Screenshot proof is required, but if proven, no vote is necessary and the remap request must be granted.